Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Monday, December 22, 2008
Believe me I know that my children are not perfect and that they are born with a sinful nature; but I am beginning to discover Anna's.
This morning it took her 2 hours to get dressed and even start cleaning her room; I went to check on her after the 2 hours and she had done nothing. Right before lunch I told her she needed to get dressed and then start cleaning her room or there would be pain if she did not do that by the time I got lunch on the table. I went upstairs and 15 minutes later she is upstairs saying she is done. I was amazed - she actually did something as quickly as I had thought she should. Ohhh little did I know that surprise awaiting me.
I got the kids feed and was putting them done for naps and checking Anna's room - which looked very clean - then I opened the closet; and you guessed it she had just stuffed everything in the closet. I was so made - she had not only disobeyed but had lied to me. So after punishment and reassuring her that I love her no matter what she does - I put her to bed with the knowledge that her room is getting cleaned.
I know I remember doing this as a kid - but this is new for Anna and it is very different being on the parenting end of things. I understand more and more how my mom felt.
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
I am typing this a little early do to a busy day tomorrow and I do not want to forget.
What I am most thankful for about Christmas.
1. The reason for the season - Jesus
2. Family - and the extra time to spend with them.
5. Food - cookies, shrimp, and other goodies.
7. Special Movies
9. Getting cards and updates on friends and family.
10. Christmas Trees
11. Traditions - old and new
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
So we woke up to 12 inches of snow today. And of course the kids had to go play. Anna loved it and climbed all over the place. Benen was okay as long as I was outside. Madison just stood there for maybe 2 minutes and then she was done. I did get some pictures though.
Monday, December 15, 2008
Anna preformed in the riverKIDS (the kids program at our church) Christmas program last night and here are some pictures. I helped the little kids sign 3 songs and recite a Christmas verse; and Matt played back-up guitar. It was busy but fun.
Funny story: for some reason Anna ran down the stage holding herself (like she had to pee) saying ow-then 2 minutes later she was fine and back on stage and made it throw the rest of the night as any angel in the nativity sense.
Thursday, December 11, 2008
1. The growth my husband has gone throw sense we got married; and that I got to be a part of it.
2. His musical talent and love...I always wanted to marry a man that was musical.
3. His growing love for kids (that he wants more then 2).
4. That God opened up doors for him to be in a job that he loves; and the cool God story that we have.
5. My husbands excitement and joy over Christmas and birthday celebrations.
6. The way he teaches Anna and Benen things.
7. His soft heart.
8. His quiet demeanor-our house would be really load if he was not quiet.
9. His tech-nerdy-ness (as Jill calls it); and that God provided a job that he can do it everyday.
10. That he is what God created; and that he learns to walk in that creation more and more.
Monday, December 8, 2008
This year we decided to go in the woods and cut down our own tree. Here are some pictures of the adventure and the finished product.
Benen's ready to go get the tree.
Anna hiking to the tree.
Dad cutting it down.
Anna cutting it down.
Benen helping put the tree on the car.
Anna helping put the tree on the car.
Anna tying the tree to the car.
Proof it really is 10 feet tall.
Decorated and so pretty.
Friday, December 5, 2008
I have this Quote above my computer and I think it is fitting for this week-at least in my life.
"We may not understand what God is doing at the time, but we can always trust His heart... But with God, it's never too late... Always remember that no matter what you're going through, no problem can destroy God's dream for your life!"
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Okay 2 times in one day but I could not go to bed without telling everyone about God's miracle week. So to start...
Monday: Matt gets laid off-God allows me and him to see the spiritual growth He has done in Matt; he does not freak out or get depressed and Matt actual prays and follows God lead.
Tuesday: Matt applies for jobs, takes care of unemployment. God shows me that I have a choice to be Mary or Martha-I choose Mary and struggle with letting go of "my control"-but I do let go; and find peace in the storm. Get Matt's last paycheck (that was over nighted) and it goes way farther then expected-paid all of our bills for this month and we also get some extra cash to fix the car heater that broke.
Wednesday-Matt gets a phone call from PCS (Professional Computer Solutions) that he was not even sure was looking for people he just turned in a resume-continue to see the spiritual growth.
Thursday-Matt goes into PCS (Professional Computer Solutions) and has an interview that goes really well. Turns out that they actual had a job open that they were not sure how they were going to fill-but God did. Gets offered a job and starts tomorrow. He will be doing tech support on a restaurant touch screen system-something he is really excited to do. I can tell he is excited because he got his lunch stuff ready before he went to bed.
Friday-Matt starts:) Praise God (he is going to Grand Junction to help put in a touch screen system-with the owner of PCS and his new supervisor).
I actually am excited to write this week (which might surprise some).
I am thankful for...
...seeing dreams fulfilled and released in friends.
...my husbands growth and dependance on God this week.
...that Matt lost his job-I have been able to see how God has changed him.
...the opportunities and doors that God is opening.
...friends that support and encourage.
...my kids and the challenge they are.
...the Christmas Season.
...for Dr. Pepper; and my dad buying me on today.
...for rest and peace in Jesus.
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
So the last few days have been interesting. I do not want to repeat what my hubby just posted but you can read it for yourself if you want ( www.mattleeman.blogspot.com ). The point that you all need to know for the rest of my blog is that Monday morning Matt was laid off. The funny thing is that God is doing amazing things in both of us throw this. The last few days I have had moments of just wanting to break down and cry; but other then that I have pretty much found peace.
Last night at Girls Small Group I was sharing this high and low (low obviously, but high because of seeing how my husband has grown-read his blog for more) and then Megan want to pray for us and me (never refuse prayer is what I say). The awesome thing is that as she was praying for me she talking about seeing me sit at God's feet and be His princess and have peace. As she was talking God said that in all of this I will daily have the choice to be Mary or Martha-I can either get up and do something (which is my usual reaction) and try to make things "better" or I can just rest at Jesus' feet and dwell in His peace.
Papa I choose your rest and peace-I am not in control never have been and I do not want to try to do something and make it all better when you have the best plan already taking action. You are amazing and I praise you for just being my Papa.
Friday, November 28, 2008
So I am a day late with my Thankful Thursday; but I was enjoying being with family too much to turn on the computer. So I thought that I would share what was thankful for yesterday..
1. My family that I can be real with.
2. That my mom loves to cook.
3. For homemade rolls.
4. Apple Pie.
5. Mashed Potatoes.
6. My sons laugh.
7. That we finally my have found some tricks to motivate Anna and the new attitude she has (thank you Kim for the chart idea).
8. For church family and memories.
9. For the snow covering the ground.
10. For Matt and how much we have grown together.
Thursday, November 20, 2008
I really need to remember what I am thankful this week; it has been I little bit of an emotional roller coaster.
I am thankful...
1....for my friends that have not gotten annoyed with me this week; and my bodies weirdness.
2...for my very supportive husband.
3...for the ability that my body had to care 2 beautiful children to full term.
4...for my children's health.
5...for my mom; and the fact that she cleaned my kitchen while babysitting on Sunday night.
6...for the riverRUNNERS volunteers they rock; and they love those 4 and 5 year olds.
7...for a church that see children's ministry as important.
8...for pastors that truly desire to listen to God and follow His lead.
9...for a house to have; even if I need to clean it.
10...that Matt get next week off; and we get to go Christmas shopping.
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Wow...it is Thursday already. This week has gone fast.
This week I am thankful for...
1. My husband (even when he has a man cold jk; he really does have a cold).
2. My kids and the blessing they are every day.
3. Pizza for breakfast; it was yummy.
4. Small groups that challenge and encourage me to grow closer to Papa.
5. Friends that do not always see everything the same way I see it; but still love me anyway.
6. Wisdom that God pours into people and there courage to share with others.
7. The things our pastors sacrifice to serves us.
8. For the very unique body God has given me.
9. That my story is different then anyone else's; and different then I imagined it being.
10. That Matt has a job were he can stay home and get better while getting paid for it.
Thursday, November 6, 2008
I am Thankful (in no particular order)...1. ...that Pastor Linn blogs so early she reminded me it is Thankful Thursday.
2. ...for the snow yesterday; I love snow and I love Colorado Mountains with snow on them.
3. ...for my women's small group on Tuesday's-I love that group of gals.
4. ...that my hubby choose to help me with house work and not worry about getting something to work with the computer last night-he even put the dishes in the dishwasher when I did not ask him to.
5. ...that my children are so unique and different and that they keep my guessing in life.
6. ...that my good friend brought my coffee this morning.
7. ..for the smell of poppyseed muffins in the oven yum.
8. ...for the way God always provides for not only my and my families needs but also our dreams and desires.
9. ...for Mark and Jill giving my opportunity to work in children's ministry; they are allowing my to pro-sue a dream God has placed in my life.
10. ...for Teri showing my how to make some really cool cloth diapers-so I can be really domestic.
Monday, November 3, 2008
On Saturday I got to go shopping; in Grand Junction; with my mom and sister for some good girl time. When we stopped in Ridgeway the fire department was doing a training across the street and we took this picture for my brother (he is a volunteer fireman).
Chili Dinner and Bomb Fire at the Waters house on Friday (Halloween Night)
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Okay will sense everyone else is doing it. Okay no that is not the only reason it just looks like fun and it would be good to write down what I am thankful for on a weekly basis. So here I go joining you Pastor Linn.
1. I am thankful for nap time; it brings quiet to my house.
2. My BFF and husband who is very different form me; and it is a good thing-he brings balance to my life and I am thankful for that.
3. Thankful for the challenge my 4 year old princesses is (as long as she does not forget that I am Queen of this house).
4. Thankful for my smiley faced little boy and the surprise that he was.
5. For 5 years of marriage and it went by so fast; cannot believe that we have been married double that average couple in America.
6. For Madison and Violet; and the opportunity to have more little ones in my home to watch-I love the chaos they bring; and for the fact that Tiffany and Jerome intrust me with there children.
7. For my house that is just the right size; and the fact that God provided it in just the right time.
8. For my sister and the friendship we now have.
9. For my parents that not only provided for my physically but also spiritually; and for the way that they love my kids.
10. For the opportunities that God gives me to grow on a daily basis.
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Okay I really love me daughter but seriously if I have to spank or punish her for disrespecting me and everyone else anymore she just might go to the highest bidder. The last few days have been full of her taking toys form other kids; not giving them back or apologizing and then telling (or really yelling at) me what she wants to do. Really a person can only take so much of this.
God please give me the wisdom to teach my daughter to respect people and the patients to deal with her learning curve.