Here is 25 random things about me.
1. My mom was 4 weeks over due with me.
2. My hair was black when I was born.
3. My mom started cutting my bangs at 3 or 4 months my hair was so long.
4. I am a Dr. Pepper addict - I do not even drink coke or pepsi as a second.
5. I was 23 weeks (6 months) pregnant with Benen before I found out.
6. I love to teach.
7. I love working with kids.
8. I prayed that I would marry some one that had musical talent (mostly because I do not); and God gave me Matt.
9. I was not born in Durango or Colorado
10. I have lived in Durango 3 month short of my whole life.
11. I am older than Matt (6 months).
12. I played the violin.
13. I wanted to be a nurse or a teacher growing up - now I am both.
14. I wanted 8 kids growing up - now I do not know how many.
15. I used to perm my hair.
16. I am a Phisering Winer.
17. The only foreign country I have ever been to is Mexico.
18. I have only been to the beach once - when I was 18.
19. I have only flown once - when I was 19.
20. I am missing 9 teeth.
21. I have 4 piercing.
22. Blue is my favorite color.
23. I love when Anna lets me do her hair.
24. I love to cook.
25. I enjoy reading - did not used to but now I do.
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Today I am thankful for my mom...
1. That she prays for us everyday.
2. That she asks me challenging questions.
3. That she challenges me and my family to pursue God and His best.
4. That she would cook and clean with us when we were little.
5. That she loved us enough to discipline us.
6. That she was able and wanted to stay home when we were little (until I was in High School) - she sacrificed a lot to do that.
7. That she was always encouraging.
8. That she encourages and supports me as a mother now.
9. That she is a very beautiful women of God.
10. That she is still here and very close.
11. The legacy of still being married to my dad; and all the hard things they have made it throw.
12. Her yummy homemade food.
Thursday, January 22, 2009
It is already Thursday and I am at Benen so here we go.
I am thankful...
1. That he is here.
2. For his pregnancy and the crazy story that is.
3. For his loving personality.
4. For his smile and giggles.
5. The way he takes medicine.
6. For all his boy moments.
7. His little kisses and hugs.
8. His dance moves.
9. His white blond hair.
10. His blue eyes.
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
I thought I would write a little something for the man in my life that turns 27 today. It is hard for me to believe that we were only 18 and 19 (I am 6 months older than him) when we met; and that we have been together for 7 years; but none the less he turns 27 today.
To my husband his birthday is very important; or at least celebrating it with friend is very important. Some times I forget why it is a big deal to him and then I remember that growing up he did not celebrate his birthday. So we will have a party this week and celebrate the fact that he is closer to 30 than 20. Which scares me because I turn 30 six month before him and when we were dating he was 19 and I was 20 and he would tell people "I am only in my teens and I am dating a girl in her twenties." - that just sounds illegal or something; and I have already been informed by my loving husband that I am going to hear how he is in his twenties and married to a woman in her thirties.
So; since I am really writing this to Matt to tell what I love most about my husband on his birthday here I go.
~ I love the way his eyes say "I love you."
~ I love it when he plays the guitar.
~ I love his tech-nerdy-ness - even thought I give him a hard time about it.
~ I love the fact that he loves being a dad and that he is not closed to the idea of having a large family and to adoption.
~ I love that he takes his time when he makes a decision.
~ I love is bald head.
~ I love his passion for things.
~ I love they way he lets the kids play and climb all over him at night.
~ I love watching him interact with kids - especially when he is teaching or explaining something to them.
~ I love my husband.
Happy Birthday My Love
Thursday, January 15, 2009
I have been trying to put words to what is on my heart today as it is Thankful Thursday. As all who read my blog know our pastors lost pretty much everything in a house fire yesterday. I have cried for them as a read Linn's blog posts; and I have been praising God safety of all involved. I am thankful that in the midst of everything being strip away they are still faithful. I am thankful for a community (church, christian, town, and blogging) that has stepped up to help in anyway they can. I am thankful for so many things... mostly that I do not have treasures stored here on earth. I keep think of what Dwight said on Sunday in his sermon "Conviction 1: It is all about God." - even a fire that consumes my house and earthly possessions is all about God - it is not about me. Hard to grasp but so true. Lord please let the fact that everything, every person, and every situation is all about You.
So those are my ramblings on this Thankful Thursday.
Monday, January 12, 2009
I recently read a book about a POW in a Japanese camp during WWII. Her faith was amazing to me. While being interrogated and bitten she talks about at one pointing thinking of all the what if's... What if this and what if that. It really hit me because I do that ever day. There always seems to be a point in the day when I say what about this and what if this happens and then a spend a long time to trying to figure things out.. especially things that have not happened or that I really have not control over. The thing that is challenging me right now is that she finally reach a point here she stopped what if-ing and just let faith be lived out in her. She let God be God and listen to Him and let Him figure it all out; and HE DID (in even a great blessing and way then she had asked for).
God I want to stop and just let you be in control. I resign as manager of the universe and I let you be in control. I want to just let faith be lived out in me. Thank you for having things figured out; and for doing even more then we could hope or imagine.
Friday, January 9, 2009
01. Bought everyone in the bar a drink
02. Swam with dolphins
03. Climbed a mountain
04. Taken a Ferrari for a test drive
05. Been inside the Great Pyramid
06. Held a tarantula
07. Taken a candlelit bath with someone
08. Said “I love you” and meant it
09. Hugged a tree
10. Bungee jumped
11. Visited Paris
12. Watched a lightning storm at sea
13. Stayed up all night long and saw the sun rise
14. Seen the Northern Lights
15. Gone to a huge sports game
16. Walked the stairs to the top of the leaning Tower of Pisa
17. Grown and eaten your own vegetables
18. Touched an iceberg
19. Slept under the stars
20. Changed a baby’s diaper
21. Taken a trip in a hot air balloon
22. Watched a meteor shower
23. Gotten drunk on champagne
24. Given more than you can afford to charity
25. Looked up at the night sky through a telescope
26. Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment
27. Had a food fight
28. Bet on a winning horse
29. Asked out a stranger
30. Had a snowball fight
31. Screamed as loudly as you possibly can
32. Held a lamb
33. Seen a total eclipse
34. Ridden a roller coaster
35. Hit a home run
36. Danced like a fool and didn’t care who was looking
37. Adopted an accent for an entire day
38. Actually felt happy about your life, even for just a moment
39. Had two hard drives for your computer
40. Visited all 50 states
41. Taken care of someone who was drunk
43. Danced with a stranger in a foreign country
44. Watched whales
42. Had amazing friends... and still do.
45. Stolen a sign
46. Backpacked in Europe
47. Taken a road-trip
48. Gone rock climbing
49. Taken a midnight walk on the beach
50. Gone sky diving
51. Visited Ireland
52. Been heartbroken longer than you were actually in love
53. In a restaurant, sat at a stranger’s table and had a meal with them
54. Visited Japan
55. Milked a cow
56. Alphabetized your CDs (and DVD's, and...)
57. Pretended to be a superhero
58. Sung karaoke
59. Lounged around in bed all day
60. Played touch football
61. Gone scuba diving
62. Kissed in the rain
63. Played in the mud
64. Played in the rain
65. Gone to a drive-in theater
66. Visited the Great Wall of China
67. Started a business
68. Fallen in love and not had your heart broken
69. Toured ancient sites
70. Taken a martial arts class
71. Played D&D for more than 6 hours straight (heck no!)
72. Gotten married
73. Been in a movie
74. Crashed a party
75. Gotten divorced
76. Gone without food for 5 days
77. Made cookies from scratch
78. Won first prize in a costume contest
79. Ridden a gondola in Venice
80. Gotten a tattoo
81. Rafted the Snake River
82. Been on a television news program as an “expert”
83. Gotten flowers for no reason
84. Performed on stage
85. Been to Las Vegas
86. Recorded music (okay at home but it did not say were)
87. Eaten shark
88. Kissed on the first date
89. Gone to Thailand
90. Bought a house
91. Been in a combat zone
92. Buried one/both of your parents
93. Been on a cruise
94. Spoken more than one language fluently
95. Performed in Rocky Horror
96. Raised children (working on it...)
97. Followed your favorite band/singer on tour
98. Passed out cold
99. Taken an exotic bicycle tour in a foreign country
100. Picked up and moved to another city to just start over
101. Walked the Golden Gate Bridge
102. Sang loudly in the car, and didn’t stop when you knew someone was looking with the windows open
103. Had plastic surgery
104. Survived an accident that you shouldn’t have survived
105. Wrote articles for a large publication
106. Lost over 100 pounds
107. Held someone while they were having a flashback
108. Piloted an airplane
109. Touched a stingray
110. Broken someone’s heart
111. Helped an animal give birth
112. Won money on a TV game show
113. Broken a bone
114. Gone on an African photo safari
115. Had a facial part pierced other than your ears
116. Fired a rifle, shotgun, or pistol
117. Eaten mushrooms that were gathered in the wild
118. Ridden a horse
119. Had major surgery
120. Had a snake as a pet
121. Hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon
122. Slept for 30 hours in a 48 hour period
123. Visited more foreign countries than U.S. States
124. Visited all 7 continents
125. Taken a canoe trip that lasted more than 2 days
126. Eaten kangaroo meat
127. Eaten sushi
128. Had your picture in the newspaper
129. Changed someone’s mind about something you care deeply about
130. Gone back to school
132. Touched a cockroach
133. Eaten fried green tomatoes
134. Read The Iliad and The Odyssey
135. Selected one “important” author who you missed in school, and read
136. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
137. Skipped all your school reunions
138. Communicated with someone without sharing a common spoken language
139. Been elected to public office
140. Written your own computer language
141. Thought to yourself that you’re living your dream
142. Had to put someone you love into hospice care
143. Built your own PC from parts
144. Sold your own artwork to someone who didn’t know you
145. Had a booth at a street fair
146. Dyed your hair
147. Been a DJ
148. Shaved your head
149. Caused a car accident
150. Saved someone’s life
Thursday, January 8, 2009
So today I am thankful for Anna...
1. Her curiosity.
2. Her strong personality.
3. Her long blonde hair - that she sometimes lets me do.
4. Her view on life.
5. The things that she learns about God - and the way that she just excepts them.
6. The way that she loves her Grandparents.
7. Her openness and expectance of people that she does not know.
8. Her love for books.
9. Her love for art.
10. Her excitement about life - especially the little things.
Monday, January 5, 2009
Thursday, January 1, 2009
Thankful for 2008 (... in no particular order).
1. My husbands new job.
2. The opportunity to serve in children's ministry.
3. Homeschooling Anna.
4. Benen growing and developing his on little personality.
5. Anna's excitement to learn and her growing knowledge of God.
6. Challenges to grow in our faith.
7. Matt and I celebrating our 5 year anniversary.
8. The Small Groups that we have been involved and are involved in.
9. Friends that challenge and encourage me to grow not just physically but spiritually.
11. The verse that God gave me for the year... "Be still and no that I am God."