Thursday, January 15, 2009

Thankful Thursday

I have been trying to put words to what is on my heart today as it is Thankful Thursday. As all who read my blog know our pastors lost pretty much everything in a house fire yesterday. I have cried for them as a read Linn's blog posts; and I have been praising God safety of all involved. I am thankful that in the midst of everything being strip away they are still faithful. I am thankful for a community (church, christian, town, and blogging) that has stepped up to help in anyway they can. I am thankful for so many things... mostly that I do not have treasures stored here on earth. I keep think of what Dwight said on Sunday in his sermon "Conviction 1: It is all about God." - even a fire that consumes my house and earthly possessions is all about God - it is not about me. Hard to grasp but so true. Lord please let the fact that everything, every person, and every situation is all about You.

So those are my ramblings on this Thankful Thursday.

No comments: