Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Wordless Wednesday - Not so Wordless

A Wordless Wednesday that is not so wordless. I was really hit with this this week...
In John chapter 4 Jesus goes to Galilee and an official with a sick son comes and finds him. The official asks Jesus to come heal his son, and this is Jesus's response. John 4:50 "Go...your son will live..." then in the same verse you see the officials response. "...The man took Jesus at his word and departed."

Okay "The man took Jesus at his word and departed." How often do I ask God to do something and do I really take Him and His word... not very often honestly... do I really believe that God is going to do what He said He is going to do and for that matter do I do what He is asking me to do? Do I have unbelief - yes! 

Lord forgive my unbelief. I want to just take you at your word and go. Lord give me the opportunity to take you at your word today and to depart with that word - in faith - that you will do it. 
Jo Lee

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Amen! Me too! I needed to read this tonight! Thanks friend!

Jill said...

Great post! And very good insight. Thank you for sharing this. It's definitely giving me something to think about.