Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Bored

My mom used to tell me all the time that being bored was a sin; and it used to just make me mad (mostly because she was right). 

I have been thinking a lot about that the last few months; and I am realizing not only was she right but was she really right and on so many levels. If we are allowing ourselves to be bored we are not occupying our minds, we are not focusing on God, we are just being ideal, and the crazier thing is that honestly we are choosing to do all of these things. We are choosing to set and be bored and to have a bad attitude; when we could be choosing to do so many other things that focus on the the lord. 

So the next time you think you are bored; ask yourself if you choosing to be in a place of boredom.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Yeah, I don't like this lesson. I don't really like conviction :) I've thought a lot about being bored since our conversation and I agree with you and your mom - just don't like that it is what it is :)